Monday, January 25, 2010

Australia day

Just heard on the radio that over 2 million Aussies called in sick to work today so that they can have a four day long weekend. Also heard some random lady of 'authority' saying that she thinks it is un-Australian to call in sick to work?

This statement really confuses me. I think it is highly australian to call in sick to work expecially when you plan to spend the day drinking with your mates. I called in sick to work only the other day and thoroughly enjoyed my day of shopping, seeing mates and drinking around the pool. I think that it is a very aussie think to do to call into work when your not even sick, you just can't be bothered or you went to hard partying the night before. So good work to those 2 million Aussies who called in sick today you all make me proud to call myself Australian.

No comments: